Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Cruise control issue.
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #20
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

Points 4,145, Level 40
Points: 4,145, Level: 40 Points: 4,145, Level: 40 Points: 4,145, Level: 40
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Figures. Made an appointment today to take it in for the cruise and halfway into work, it started working again. It will be yet another "customer says cruise c. not working >> tested. works" experience.

As far as ergonomics, the paddle design is horrible. making the on/off switch physically part of the +/- rocker makes for a lot of accidental presses. It's really a poor design. Bu tI had gotten careful and thus used to it.

Exactly, I have on numerous occasions meant to press the "-" button to slow it down a notch only to feel the whole rocker wobble and activate the on/off switch. As I said, this is the worst designed steering wheel control interface I have ever used in my entire 55 year life -- absolutely horrid!

I do hope I develop the muscle memory to do this with fewer errors and suspect that in time I will get better at it, but there is simply no excuse for Ford ever letting this t*rd of a design get green lighted...

Brian