FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68raider View Post
Just got home from being towed out of a parking garage and sitting in a tow truck for the last 2 hours. My new focus SEL package 303A would not turn even enough to get out of the parking space that I was in. The car started fine, went forward and backward but the steering was absolutely stiff.This was not normal...
Hi 68raider,

I'm Ford's friendly customer service rep on the forum. I'll be happy to escalate the steering issue to the Customer Service Manager for your area. Please send me a PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number to begin the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LackofFocus View Post
I got my Focus back yesterday and it's like I have a brand new car. The steering is COMPLETELY different...
I'm very happy with the service department at Groove Ford in Centennial, CO. They listened to me and were open minded, and the manager of the service department personally drove my car to verify the problem.
The moral of the story? If you have a 2012 Focus and are fighting the steering at all, take it into the dealer, because something is wrong.
This is a great update and accolade, LackofFocus! I'm sure your fellow posters will take your advice.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford