Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #1762
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
It sure does. This morning I listened to a podcast over Bluetooth for most of my morning commute, then switched to the iPod over USB when that ended. The iPod resumed right where it left off last night (after I pressed the giant play button, that is; I mentioned earlier in the thread that autoplay doesn't work) in the middle of track 26 of 28.
I envy you. I like the song #busbros, but not nearly enough to listen to it EVERY SINGLE TIME I start my car (after 10 seconds or so because it first decides to randomly select an input on start and then switches to my USB drive). Well, I shouldn't say every time. Every once in a while it decides it wants to play The Itch. So...I guess that's a feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this car is getting a bad rap because of the MFT issues that people are experiencing? I understand the transmission was also an issue for a while, but that seems to have been mostly addressed. And of course a percentage of people will have problems completely aside from MFT or the transmission, but that's true with any car.

With that being said, I've seen people say that they are going to trade or sell the car because of these issues. Call me unreasonable, but I think that's crazy. Unless people just have a whole lot more money than I do to dump a sub 1-year old car.

With that being said, I completely agree that MFT should work as advertised and it shouldn't have this many issues. On the flip side, I think it's rash to want to dump the car because of it. It's obviously a software issue and Ford has already released an "update" once. Who says they won't do it again and possibly clear all of the issues up? If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Ford tech person from this forum say that they are indeed working on an update?
I personally am looking into possibly dumping my car (every so often I will do some research on one car or another), but I won't say that I am 100% going to do it due to the monetary hit it would be and the hope that it might get better in the future. I've set a rule for myself that I will have to keep it for at least a minimum of 1 year (6 months to go). I would say far and away MFT is the driving force behind that, but the level of service I have received from my local Ford dealership doesn't help either (when I had their salesman outright lying to me and then calling me 16 times in the span of 5 days after I stated I didn't want the car they showed me, I knew I wouldn't be buying the car there, but I should have just completely ignored them even for service. Probably wouldn't have been without my car for 2 weeks for the steering TSB if I had gone somewhere else).

If I had opted not to get MFT (which I probably would have just chosen a different car entirely at that point because MFT was a big selling point for me, honestly) I would probably be a lot happier with my car. Not perfectly happy, but nowhere near as upset with it. If I had to state an overall feeling that leads me to possibly thinking about dropping it in the future it would have to be inconsistency. I wouldn't have a problem if the car acted in a somewhat consistent way (be it the random acceleration hesitations, how MFT functions, my cruise control deciding it wants to read my button press as set instead of increment speed at random times, the shuddering of the transmission - granted that one is more consistent than most things, etc., etc.)

Would I actively tell people to avoid this car just because of the issues I have had? No, not really. I chose this car after looking at others for a number of reasons, it's not like Ford forced me to buy it. I know there are many people on here who are perfectly happy with their cars and I really do feel that my experience with most of the things falls within the minority (although I have no clue how big that minority is). The fact is, however, that I am experiencing these things and would be much happier if that wasn't the case. As so far waiting and/or involving my dealership(s) has proven to be less than fruitful, and in fact stressful at many times, I have to figure out if the monetary hit is worth the relieving of the headaches/risk of trading them for an all new set. At the end of the day I really just want to not drive to and from work wondering what new and interesting thing my car is going to present me with today.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.