Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #1760
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,256, Level 35
Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like this car is getting a bad rap because of the MFT issues that people are experiencing? I understand the transmission was also an issue for a while, but that seems to have been mostly addressed. And of course a percentage of people will have problems completely aside from MFT or the transmission, but that's true with any car.

With that being said, I've seen people say that they are going to trade or sell the car because of these issues. Call me unreasonable, but I think that's crazy. Unless people just have a whole lot more money than I do to dump a sub 1-year old car.

With that being said, I completely agree that MFT should work as advertised and it shouldn't have this many issues. On the flip side, I think it's rash to want to dump the car because of it. It's obviously a software issue and Ford has already released an "update" once. Who says they won't do it again and possibly clear all of the issues up? If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Ford tech person from this forum say that they are indeed working on an update?

Fortunately I haven't had a fraction of the issues with MFT that some people are reporting here. But I also understand that the issues are real.

Anyhow, I had some initial concern about my car choice, but up until now I love the car!! I hope all of this works out for everyone!
You're 100% right. I wouldn't dream of trading my car in because of that. It's a finicky system and it needs to be fixed, and it definitely ticks me off to have waited so long for a fix only for it to cause a whole slew of new issues, but I still love my car. I wish MFT worked, but I know how to get around it to get it to do what I want it to do, so it's a blemish on what otherwise to me is an amazing car and well worth the money.
Sonic Crew #28