noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianq01 View Post
Hehe, guess my possessed car has finally gotten totally out of whack. As much entertainment as not knowing what MFT functions will work every time I turn the car on has been, now it seems my radio has a permanent issue.

For the past week, the only thing that works for the entertainment part of my MFT is my AM/FM, I can't get Sirius, the CD, or my iPod to work. I can press the button and it highlights the device, but nothing happens, all I can do is use AM/FM. (My nav, phone, and climate control are all fine.)

New symptoms:

- When I first start the car the lower left quadrant says "No Program", I have to select a radio station to get the radio working;
- Though Sirius and my iPod show, and I can select them, I can't get them to work, the screen stays on the radio and that is that;
- Same issue even if I have my iPod disconnected, just in case the iPod was hanging the MFT;
- When I turn off the car, the radio keeps playing for a few minutes, even after I have exited the car and locked it.

Is this something I can resolve by doing some form of reset?

Can someone remind me how to perform the reset as going through this thread to find it again is long and hard as there are so many posts.

I am still on 2.11, not wanting to go to the dealer to have 3 installed as I much prefer the look of 2 and like those 2 Favorite buttons on my steering column...

Thx much...Ian

(I am SO GLAD I leased this car, already counting down the days until I can return it.)
Try the fuse pull #67 & 68 I think but not sure cuz I have never done that either. Maybe someone can confirm the correct fuses or try to find it posted ...then there is also the delayedreboot.cab app u can download and use the usb to do a reboot. Also there is a master reset option in the MFT menu. If none of these work looks like your off to the dealer for the dreaded MFT v3 install because they will not service it with the v2 system. Goodluck and hope you can fix it without doing the upgrade, I also use the v2 system and want to keep it.