Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford Focus ST vs WRX vs GTi vs Volvo C30 vs Civic SI vs Veloster Turbo vs Mazdaspeed 3
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #35
MacAttack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 79365
What I Drive: 2000 Dark Green SE

FF Reputation: 5 MacAttack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
obviously im biased. BUT i absolutely LOVE my car. the new wrx is insane. intake and full turbo back and tune and im at 300whp/330wtq. my car in a straight line rapes porsches and makes mustangs look foolish.

that being said, i do autox this car, i did it once with my well set up focus. i'll take my focus back on a small track any day. but my wrx is just as good, it does push in tight corners. also to say the AWD doesn't help on the track thats goofy, my awd shines on a track.

btw the mistakes on your chart, 0-60 for wrx in 4.7 seconds, also we have 17x8 wheels stock
Fixed! Although, I should point out that while doing 0-60 in a straight line (and under 5 seconds) is fun, I think having all that torque available at a low rpm for coming out of turns fast is more fun.
To each his own though.
Actually, I've been meaning to ask, do you actually see that 4.8s in the real world? I had heard that it required a dead start, dropping the clutch, and perfect shifts to obtain.