Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford Focus ST vs WRX vs GTi vs Volvo C30 vs Civic SI vs Veloster Turbo vs Mazdaspeed 3
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,098, Level 40
Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40 Points: 4,098, Level: 40
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's still a heavy car for not having AWD.
Subaru addressed their lean issues with this year and I used my Access tuner stage 1 reflash to help the STI and the datalogs show no detonation.
On a tight twisty track a FWD car can be vetter than an AWD car but AWD makes even a so-so driver good,you need to be a very good driver to get the FWD around the same track. I autocrossed my '93 Mitsu Eclipse AWD and it was much easier to drive at the limits then my fwd Type R which required alot more attention.
The AWD has a big margin for error and is easy to correct when it gets loose and it's a true all weather car since you can track it one day,hit the dirt the next day and then it still can get you to the ski resorts with no issues. If it's your primary car in an area that sees snow regularly AWD is a must for me

For the money I'd still take the WRX but that said the ST is still a pretty sweet car and I like it in red.