Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - A cheap and easy mod for the front grill that's worth a million bucks,...
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #112
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,675, Level 95
Points: 24,675, Level: 95 Points: 24,675, Level: 95 Points: 24,675, Level: 95
Level Up 33% Completed
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Well I decided to try RED pin striping on the grill as a contrast to the Sonic Blue. I think it's still missing something and I'd like to see what I can do about some red details around the wheels.

Brian
That red needs to extend into/replace your chrome belt line and grill. My opinion only, but I think that by doing that you would have a wickedly unique piece that works really well on the contrast.

I wanted to do the same concept on my Ti by extending the chrome accents to the grill, but after blacking out my wheels and such it became glaringly evident that the chrome would have to go.

Awesome!

Edit: Also, I alluded to going in a slightly different direction in a previous post. What I was going to attempt to do was lay the stripe through the plate area to give it a near continuous look. Seems how I am going monochromatic in the following weeks, maybe someone else wants to try it...

If you want to give it a go, I would recommend cutting out the portion where the elevation on the grill changes. This will give the plate area a recessed look, which I think would be more natural than a continuous line from one side of the grill to the other. Just an idea to rid that blank plate area.