Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford Focus ST vs WRX vs GTi vs Volvo C30 vs Civic SI vs Veloster Turbo vs Mazdaspeed 3
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
VTwin60
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99432
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 VTwin60 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoZx3 View Post
I feel like I'd still rather have the WRX.. given all those numbers. But I'm just one person.
hopefully the new ST proves to be a reliable powerplant, something that Subaru does not have. Yes they're fast and yes you can modify them for great power, but they have more than just a few engine problems. They have had issues with both the standard WRX and STI with piston ring failures at an alarmingly high level bone stock from the factory related to insufficient cooling (oil flow) and poor materials. The misfiring and detonation issue is another concern leading to this problem and its an issue that Subaru has had since the last generation of WRX's. Its enough of a problem that several tuner mags make quick mention of it, while saying its the greatest thing since sliced bread in the same breath. Take look at several of the WRX forums around and you may come to a similar conclusion, also keep in mind that relatively very few WRX's are sold nation wide.

I for one am looking forward to the ST in a big way. I would like to know more information on the possible RS Focus as well. Either one of those would make a fine addition to my garage.