Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Which car manufacturer do you hate most?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #163
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I don't really understand your verbose hostility. I tried not to let you get under my skin with your condescending 5 paragraph response filled with sarcasm and question marks, but you succeeded.

So, I went and checked the window sticker for that fleet '06 Grand Caravan C/V -- $22,010. NO, I don't necessarily know that my company actually paid sticker for it, but I sincerely doubt they paid $4,000 - $5,000 less as you suggest the vans were selling for. They're not buying vehicles in bulk quantity. At most the vehicles are purchased as needed, in a small lot of maybe 5 or 6 at a time, and not all from the same dealer(s).

This company may be a joint venture between two of the largest companies in Germany (and the world) but it is staffed with people who don't give a damn about anything. When that same Caravan began to fall apart and needed costly parts like the power steering rack, the fleet maintenance company needed the authorization of our fleet manager before proceeding. Guess what? No one knew who the fleet manager was... I don't think there actually was one. The van sat for weeks at the shop waiting on that authorization. I believe someone in our company must have ultimately been volunteered to 'become' the fleet manager. Never underestimate the colossal incompetence of a large company.

Last edited by azdamay; 05-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.