Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #27
grntrdbx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99094
What I Drive: 2010,black,SES

FF Reputation: 1 grntrdbx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Reply from FoMoCo customer relations

I finally got a call back from Ford customer relations this past Tuesday, and they said that my mileage was too high for Ford to replace the TB under the factory warranty. I once again explained the situation from the beginning and that the original problem started before 36k miles and this didn't seem to change the final decision. She did however let me know that Ford would pay for 40% of the labor to replace the part. The dealership was going to charge over $200 to do a 0.6hr job (the amount of time that the TSB says it will take to replace). The dealership in question was also going to charge over $300 for the TB. I have a source that can get the part from a local Ford dealership for $220 and I can change it myself for nothing. The only thing that may need to be done is a recalibration, but the TSB doesn't say anything about that. I am going to buy the part next week and install it and write a few letters about the ordeal to Ford (not that I really think they'll pay for the part out of the goodness of their heart, but just because it'll make me feel better). I'm glad I didn't tell my buddy at work because I didn't really want to hear an "I told you so."