Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #138
ccelaya
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92465
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey - Focus HB Sport

FF Reputation: 1 ccelaya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott W View Post
Just wanted to let you know your not the only one that the TSB did not fix. My car was built after cut off date. Dealer checked alignment and told me it drove normal. I got Ford Customer Service involved and got rack replaced. I picked it up and almost wrecked the car on drive home, steering wheel locked on center and had to be pulled with both hands to move it. They put another rack in it and said it was worse yet. Ford engineer showed up a day after that and three hours later they called to say car steers great. They did not say what they did that actually fixed it, but I have been driving it a month now and it is great on all pavements at any speed. Just keep after them it will be fixed.
Im on the same boat here...
I just came back from the dealer and the problem is even worse. The steering wheel feels tighter (which is good) but I can't get the car to go straight... it "locks" itself between left and right giving a ping pong effect. Also they messed up the steering wheel alignment, I have to turn it to the left to make it go straight.

The dealer will try to fix the steering wheel alignment, and hopefully everything else will get better. I think I got an "old build" rack assy by mistake... it's far worse than the one that I had.