Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #150
memphiscbrider
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86469
What I Drive: 2012 white se

Points 590, Level 11
Points: 590, Level: 11 Points: 590, Level: 11 Points: 590, Level: 11
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 memphiscbrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clientnin View Post
I have the Focus SE with the 4 speaker config (lowest system available).

A few questions.

1. I am interested in this chinese dashboard kit. It has "USB and SD" slots, but are there no auxiliary slots?
i dont know anything about the chinese brand dash kit. but IMO, it looks like a cheap piece of junk. but i would assume there is an aux slot on it somewhere
2. For the GPS in the unit, would I have to buy some sort of GPS antenna? Does it come with one? Anybody know?
usually if you buy something with a gps already in it, it may have the antenna already with it. if not, then its not worth buying.
3. I know the stock system's amp is very weak....this system says it includes 4x45W amp. Does that mean it pushes 45 watts to each speaker? How many more watts is this than the factory amp?
i dont know about the stock system seeing as i got the lowest thing you could because i knew i would one day update my sound system. and im sure something from the factory isnt of the highest quality.
4. Would this be enough to make everything sound better? Or would I also need better speakers?
ive always thought if youre going to do something, you might as well do it right. that said, just upgrade everything
Thanks for ALL input in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clientnin View Post
Could you help me out with some of my questions posted above?
hope that helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnljot View Post
Was it simply over priced, buggy software, bad sound or all of the above?
well it was a little pricy but worth every penny to get a head unit in there that you will like for years to come