copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Welcome to my world T-6 weeks ago... wipe/install truly doesn't work on these things. I don't understand why but Ford's only solution right now is a new APIM. It's insane, and I'm back with stuck/locked settings in my Nav Favorites due to a Master Reset that Ford themselves recommended to fix a problem post-new APIM.

Sorry you're stuck in the same situation. I wish I could offer something helpful, but yeah, it is what it is.
Yeah, I know from your other posts that you have been through this as well. We'll try this and if it doesn't do anything, then, well, I guess that is the last straw for me. Don't know what I am going to do. For fun (yep, this is my idea of fun now) I figured I'd try another master reset yesterday. As usual, didn't fix anything. I'm going to try and go out and get some video this weekend, if I can find the time, of this insane voice commands thing. I'm always driving so I can't get video then so I guess I'll just have to make some time. Unfortunately, and hindsight is 20/20, I don't have video of voice commands working w/V2.11. Who would have figured you would need video of something working correctly? I just wish I had a video comparison of old and new to prove to Ford that they completely broke my system.

Example, after the master reset and letting the index/BVC process complete yet again I said "Play Song Hello". I got seven screens (which of course means seven times of saying "None of those") of four songs each and every one, with the exception of one song on either the third or fourth screen, started with the letter "C". The one exception started with the letter "V". Why? What about the word "Hello" makes this POS want to shove 27 songs at me that start with the letter "C" and one song that starts with the letter "V" as possible options?

When I first installed the new version I was furious at the "uglification" and the removal of features/functions but now that I have had more time with it installed I am the point where I am willing to accept that part of it if it can just get back to working as well as it did before and it sucks to have to feel that way. I have been upgraded and all I want as a result of being upgraded is to get it back to functioning as well as it did before being upgraded. That seems so wrong!

I will try the replacement APIM next week I guess and if it still sucks, like I said, I don't know what to do at that point.