Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12-02-17 - Steering issue - New TSB?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #134
Scott W
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97094
What I Drive: 2012 Black SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Scott W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron65 View Post
Mine's been back twice with poor results. The TSB rack is way worse than original....now it tightens up at freeway speeds, by about 20 miles of driving it literally had "notches" in it. I took it back again and they "retorqued the mount." Now it just takes longer for the same result. It's going in again next Tuesday. I'm pretty sure my replacement steering gear is defective. But the dealer I took it to only drove it 25 miles total between two tests and declared it fixed. So I'm trying another dealer.
Just wanted to let you know your not the only one that the TSB did not fix. My car was built after cut off date. Dealer checked alignment and told me it drove normal. I got Ford Customer Service involved and got rack replaced. I picked it up and almost wrecked the car on drive home, steering wheel locked on center and had to be pulled with both hands to move it. They put another rack in it and said it was worse yet. Ford engineer showed up a day after that and three hours later they called to say car steers great. They did not say what they did that actually fixed it, but I have been driving it a month now and it is great on all pavements at any speed. Just keep after them it will be fixed.