View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #1723
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
For all the extremely annoying and buggy things I've encountered with MFT (that absolutely need to be addressed by Ford) that doesn't change the fact that I'm still happy with the car overall. It drives and handles awesome, better than anything else in its class in my opinion.

If they ever get around to figuring out all the techno-wizardry inside these things, this car will be completely unbeatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pil__ View Post
I had no idea there was a calendar in MFT until I saw it mentioned on the forums here. My calendar displays the correct day, however, unlike everyone else's. Go figure.

Would be nice if the date were displayed on the main screen. Though, if I were making a choice, I'd choose a clock that understands daylight saving time. Having a DST on/off switch in a system with a GPS is rather embarrassingly crude...
I had a feeling I wasn't the only person who thought this. Thanks for restoring my sanity re: my own thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Needless to say, their new install attempt did nothing and info was still in the system, not wiped. I get to go back next week for the caliper and have to leave my car for a couple of days (they are giving me a loaner) because they are going to replace the APIM as well. As I have said multiple times, "upgrade" usually implies you are going to get something more or better and at this point I am not asking for that, I have now spent a lot of time and multiple trips to the dealer just in an attempt to get the performance back UP to the level it was before being upgraded.
Welcome to my world T-6 weeks ago... wipe/install truly doesn't work on these things. I don't understand why but Ford's only solution right now is a new APIM. It's insane, and I'm back with stuck/locked settings in my Nav Favorites due to a Master Reset that Ford themselves recommended to fix a problem post-new APIM.

Sorry you're stuck in the same situation. I wish I could offer something helpful, but yeah, it is what it is.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6