Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Painted Pinstripe remover????
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
drizzle_dizzle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98257
What I Drive: 2000 Navy Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 drizzle_dizzle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
lol. It will not "immediately eat your paint off" jeez louise. It doesn't even immediately eat off the fingernail polish it's designed to remove, it takes a few minutes. If it takes a few minutes to remove the relatively non-durable fingernail polish how long do you think it'll take to remove your car's paint which is tough as nails? Hours of soaking? Perhaps a day? More?

Also there's no reason to immediately wash your vehicle afterwards either. Solvents like isopropyl alcohol, acetone, and fingernail polish remover evaporate very quickly rendering them safe.
First of all, i told him not to put straight acetone onto his paint. So you're taking my comment about eating the paint off out of context. Im not saying that it would "eat the paint right away" all I'm saying is to get it off of the vehicle right away so it doesn't have a chance to start eating at the wax, clear coat, or anything like that... maybe instead of insulting me you can ask why i said that or clarify what i was talking about.