Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 owners Post your MPG's
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #902
Kaaru
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96763
What I Drive: '12 Oxford Wh. SEL Sedan 28/07/2011

FF Reputation: 1 Kaaru Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
I have 995 miles and I have not been able to get over 30MPG yet... average so far in the city is 20-24mpg and when I add more highway driving at steady speed my best was 28mpg. Still sucks. I have the trophee for smooth driving and speed in the ECO console. I just got past the "break in" period, hopefully these numbers will go up.

The 2012 Se hatchback I got in nov 2011 had great numbers, 7.5L/100km for a daily commute from southshore Montreal to Cremazie/Metroplitain hwy intersection...That was great and less than my previous 2007 Outlander V6 (1L/100km)

But since I changed from the SE Hatchback to the SEL sedan, I have crappy numbers like 8.5L/100km (27.3 Gal) I am far from impressed. I use the reg Esso and/or the reg Shell fuel.

The best I could do with this sedan was 7.8L/100 at 100/Kph on highway 30 from St-Constant to Varenne and back, no city. At that speed I was like an obstacle on the highway, so I did this early last saturday morning. Going from St-Constant to Varenne, I had the wind in my back and got about 6.7L/100. But comming back from Varenne to St-Constant I had the wind comming in and dropped to 7.8. I have the 16" OEM mags on at the moment.

When I got those great numbers with the SE hatchback, I was going tru the Jacques Cartier bridge pileup twice a day, with winter tires on. Go figure...