View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #1721
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OK, went in last evening to have the caliper replaced since they didn't have the part when I was there last Sat getting the rest of the stuff done. Talked to the service dept and told them the "wipe/clean install" did nothing and I didn't think it was really a wipe since I still had old info in there that shouldn't have been after it was completed. They said they wanted to try it again a little differently since I was there anyway. So they got the wipe/reinstall started and went to the parts dept to get the caliper. Came out and informed me that though I needed a right rear caliper, the parts dept ordered a left rear caliper (it was written up correctly on the work order). Well, they already started the wipe so I was stuck there until that and the reinstall was done. 2 1/2 hours and I still have to go back next week and get the caliper replaced.

Needless to say, their new install attempt did nothing and info was still in the system, not wiped. I get to go back next week for the caliper and have to leave my car for a couple of days (they are giving me a loaner) because they are going to replace the APIM as well. As I have said multiple times, "upgrade" usually implies you are going to get something more or better and at this point I am not asking for that, I have now spent a lot of time and multiple trips to the dealer just in an attempt to get the performance back UP to the level it was before being upgraded.