Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #1487
Mounty50
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99393
What I Drive: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0

FF Reputation: 1 Mounty50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey all, new here since I'm looking to buy a Focus in the very near future, perhaps within the week.

The previous post was helpful for me as I am a first time buyer, no real credit history, senior in college

So far i was approved for a $24k loan at chevy for a Cruze LT/RS but i just couldnt find myself signing because i felt it was a little overpriced when compared to the focus, but i digress

The exact car I want is located up the street from me at Jones Ford, North Charleston, SC it'll pop up if you google it.

http://www.jonesford.com/2012-Ford-F...-29406/3852962

With the sticker price being $24,490....How much bargaining room do I have to get that price down so that my monthly payment is as close to $350 as possible. My truck really isn't much of a trade in since it is a '97 with 178XXX miles. I can have $1500 for a down payment by June 1, and they have said that is fine since they can hold a check for up to 30 days.

I have been working with another dealership in a different city to see what kind of deal I am able to get and basically to see if I could even get financed at all.

The dealership has told me he can get me 380/month with 2,000 down and my trade in on the sedan version of the titanium but he said he would get me the hatch since that is what i want

So basically, can I get close to 350/month with 1500 down and available rebates if i trade my truck in and somehow able to beat down the price OR should I wait and save up a larger down payment in order to reduce the principal amount financed, like $3k or $4k for a downpayment??

Thanks for reading!!