Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin#
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #3996
Ottrdude
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 32762
What I Drive: Sonic Blue Euro SVT '04

FF Reputation: 1 Ottrdude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
My car was built on 5/7 and I've been calling CSX every other day since Sunday but so far the system continues to indicate "no status." OK, I got an email from my dealer today (3PM) indicating that my car is:

Current Status as of this AM : In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern Corp) Ftwayne, IN

OK, that tells me it's on the way and a couple hundred miles closer than the factory. Then I figured I'd call CSX again to see what there status was and it's still "no status"...

So, if my dealer is right the car is on the way but so far no ETA from them. I'd have estimated about 5 days from MI to UT (about 1700 miles at, say, 40mph plus perhaps 15 stops of 5 hours each). Anyone know a more accurate way to figure how long the train might take?

Ultimately it probably won't make much difference to me as I'm on the road for work and will not be home until the end of next week anyway...

Brian
My car is "in transit" as well.... as of Friday 5/18.... it was in Indiana going to Chicago..

My dealer says it will make it to Fond du Lac WI by 6/8....... If I started walking today and drive home from Chicago I could cover the 160 miles in eight days!!!!!!!!!!

I do not get it!!!