Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterg View Post
Thanks Sal. I respect your opinion. I will more than likely go to a full synthetic.I'm sure there's enough reputable brands out there. I too don't want to debate oil. I'm just pissed that I bought a car with 300 miles on it,(salesmans car-demo) and it burns oil. When I brought it in after my second oil change when it wasn't even registering on the dipstick, I alwats wonder if they didn't put enough oil in and damaged it or the salesman that drove it beat on it severely.
Anyways, when I go to full synthetic do I have to change the oil, and drive it for a few hundered miles to flush it out or just change it?
Thanks for all your opinions.
That's why I don't like buying used if I have the coin for new. The rental companies only keep a car for about a year then sell it so they always have new cars, but that means someone is buying a used rental car. Knowing the way I and others I know treat rental cars I wouldn't buy one if they were free! It's hard to say what the dealer did to the car or if the salesman or test driver flogged it and that's the problem -- you can't easily know.

Now, is you had a scan tool (OBD-II) and the software to dig around inside you might be able to tell what was done to the car, but I'm no expert here...

Brian