Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - tune ,who to go with
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #180
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerbox77 View Post
I finally put a wideband on my car after installing an offroad pipe from CFM.
FSWERKS tune was very fat. 12.2 was the average AF throughout the rpm band. I advanced the timing to 30,doesn't like anymore. I leaned the WOT 6% which is as much as the SCT will allow. It's still a little rich at 12.9 it runs a hell of alot better. I wonder what Toms "canned" tune would have measured. It seems the mail order tunes no matter from who are always too fat. I know why they do that but I recommend tweaking your tune if you have the ability.
Ahhh but this is where my tune differs from fs , I dont do canned tunes , but you got a canned cookie cutter off the shelf tune , If you had been my customer when your enitial tune or when you installed your A/F gauge you would of sent me a datalog and I woud of made changes (FREE) and sent tunes back to you , you then would of had a full CUSTOM tune , Yes I send my first tunes out fat this keeps the engine safe why we make your CUSTOM tune which you didnt get

fs wants to charge 300.00 MORE if you add NA mods and do datalogs , this is a service you get for FREE from me along with taking over your PC and setting up the livelink and doing the first datalog like I was sitting in the car with you , I also help down the road with customers having issues totaly not related to there tune and see logs to help then find the issues , all services other shops/tuners do not offer

Racebox77 for 150.00 you can step away from the dark side and get you a real custom tune with FREE tune updates as you add more NA mods

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus