Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Question about the 2012 focus transmission
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEREKC View Post
If you only read certain articles the problem may seem widespread, but I would say that it is not. I pre-ordered my Ti and have had it for more than a year now, and have never really had any problems. The updates that are now available for the Focus seem to clear up any transmission issue that people were concerned about. The Focus is a quality European designed car! I hope that you enjoy yours!!

Posted via FF Mobile Agreed, a lot of the complaints were also just the fact that people werent used to this type of transmission. The powershift auto is a dual clutch automatic, like VWs DSG, so it doesnt have the same set up as a traditional automatic transmission. Itll behave more like a manual with an automatic option. So people were used to their slushbox smooth autos, thats why their were many complaints. Misunderstanding of the tech really. It wasnt thatthese things were braking down on the side of the road and leaving people stranded. Ford has since made updates to the transmissions. If you were fine with how the transmission behaved, no reason not to buy it.