View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #68
Rat Fink
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92487
What I Drive: Ford, and vintage Dodge

FF Reputation: 6 Rat Fink Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay people, there is a difference between a RECALL and a TSB. A TSB does not show up in a health check, nor does it show up as any kind of outstanding service that needs to be done on your vehicle. A TSB is to be used as an aid in diagnosing what is a somewhat common problem for a technician to streamline the diagnostic process. This means not every vehicle is affected by this.

Yes, a technician would still do diag on your car. If you came in and said "my a/c sucks at idle" don't you think a technician might try and duplicate your issue first? They might try and confirm it sucks and then check for TSBs and find out "oh hey look, I'll try this PCM update first???". That is how it works. If you said there is a hesitation or a lag when applying the throttle the technician would obviously take the time to road test it. It could be any number of issues that could cause a drivability concern so why would a tech jump right into doing reprogramming and whatever else they randomly think of when that could in fact introduce other unknowns to the diagnostic process???

FFS people, it's not a recall. It doesn't show up in any hoopty poopty checks you do, nor does it show up on an oasis check on your vehicle at the dealership because its not something that necessarily needs to be done. If you don't suffer from any of those problems listed, then it doesn't have to be done to your vehicle!!

I think I might be done with this site. Mods can delete me if you wish. cheers

Last edited by Rat Fink; 05-17-2012 at 11:24 PM.