Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
Focusinva
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98059
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Focusinva Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have been keeping an eye on my tail lights since this thread was created. My observations so far is that my right tail light assembly is loose and can be pushed in and out causing a squeaking sound.

My left side assembly is very tight against the body. I can see where it has worn some paint off, but it's still "inside" the lens assemy, meaning you can't see it unless you push up the lens. I am hoping it doesn't migrate south.

The other thing I noticed is that the point of the lens (the part closest to the rear door) appears to have become rough and ragged looking like its been hit by a sand storm. I have only had my car since march 01.... I can only assume this has been caused by air flow. If it looks like this after only 2000 miles I can't imagine what it will look like at 20,000...anyone else notice this or having the same issue?

I am hoping they figure out something with these lights. The quality control on these cars bewilders me.