Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus Steering Problem
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #182
LackofFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99148
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 LackofFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
my steering problem

I'm new to this site - I found it by searching for steering problems, and I'm happy to read it's not just me.

I bought a 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback with the 18" wheels about a month ago. I love the car, except for the steering. At first, like many people here, I thought I just needed to get used to a new car.

At highway speeds, and especially on concrete highways, I can't keep the car straight. The slightest movements in the steering will over-correct, and I have trouble staying in my lane sometimes. It also seems to happen after about fifteen minutes of driving. It definitely requires both hands on the steering wheel at all times on the highway.

One day this week the oscillations were so bad I was afraid a front wheel was coming off. I was seriously afraid and almost stopped in the middle of the highway. I have been really happy with the car up to this point, but now I won't let my wife drive it on the highway.

I hope Ford is paying attention to this issue and taking us seriously. I think this needs to be a major recall.

One big frustration is that it doesn't seem to happen all the time. I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow, and I already feel like they are going to tell me nothing is wrong. Wish me luck.