Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Order Guide Released
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #201
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The rebates are still all over the place. When I first started seriously considering a Focus in late March or early April, Ford was offering $1500 Customer Cash, which of course piqued my interest. Later in April, it had dropped down to $750 - at this point I was kind of on the fence. Then May 1st, it was back up to $1000, and I figured I had better make a move soon if I was going to do this. The day I placed my order, May 7th, the incentive went back up to $1500, which is where I'm currently "locked in" (along with $500 Military Cash). I'm hoping that as we get closer to my delivery date in June, maybe the incentives will creep up a little more, like another $500 or so. In any case, I'm happy with the price I'm paying as is - I think it's fair and a good deal. But I can tell you that I probably would not have ordered without good incentives in place.

All that said, we have no idea, really, what Ford plans to offer for 2013. Even if pricing is finalized, Ford may offer aggressive incentives right out of the gate. Even if they don't offer them right away, I think they will probably have to start thinking about it if they want to stay competitive.