Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #270
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Yep. I actually signed up for an account there just so I could read more topics about strut bearings, including that one.

Mine doesn't pop when turning, though, that's the one inconsistency I've found. The low-speed rattle/clunking is what I have.
Yeah I found it quite interesting that one of the guys had the exact same symptoms I and others have.

Quote:
The flange seems to be moving around while the strut attached to it looks good and tight. I hear some noise only when I have someone on the passenger seat, when I'm driving alone I can barely hear it from time to time.
Thats mine pretty much and someone even described it as rattling and clunking.

JJeremuy - Man that blows!. I was hoping on the possibility since you said yours was fixed that maybe Ford was starting to supply dealerships with an updated part.

So basically were all screwed until some big wig Ford Exec's Niece is given a Focus and her car has the same sound. Then this issue will be given total priority and we'll all get a fix.

Anyone that's sitting on the fence waiting to see what happens should schedule to have your car brought to your dealership for this issue. The more people that report the problem the more attention it gives us a a whole.

Also you'll want a documented history of this issue; The sooner the better so that when a fix does come out one day there will be NO debate that your car qualifies, etc.