What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow, so for the SE customer you cannot have as a separate option package
-Sony & MFT package
or
-SE Black Pack
Either one requires the SE Appearance Package

Customer to salesperson - I would like to purchase the SE hatch with Black Pac, the price should be 19,200 + 795 =$19,995 plus etc right?
Salesperson to customer - No that is not correct, the price will be $22,635 plus etc.
Customer please explain why this difference
Salesperson, well for you to get the Black Pak you must also purchase the Appearance Package which costs $2,610.00, but we will give you a discount of -$110.00 to soften the blow.
Customer leaves dealership , salesperson happy with the ease of ordering 2013 Focus, pissed he lost another client.
Same scenario for the guy wanting an SE with the MFT. The Sony & MFT package in itself is not a bad price $1,495.00 , until you are forced to add the extra $2,610.00 to get it.

Nicely done Ford N.A.

So your only choice if you want cloth seats is a base SE. Albeit with extra stuff.
But if you want rear disc brakes for example on your SE, you might as well just buy the Titanium, because you are forced to take most of what is in a base Titanium anyway, just to get rear disc brakes.

Shame they dumped the Sport Package, this was the golden package for the sporty driver oriented Focus.
But alas, Ford N.A does not want or at least it looks like they do not want to market the Focus as their sporty, drivers car. Now you get an appearance package, which is fine and dandy, but the words Sport (package) is a no brainer for what the Focus exudes.

I suppose in the minds of some inside Ford, they figured we are launching the ST, so who needs any relevance to the perception of sporty to the non-ST Focus variants.

Your poor bastards, Ford N.A finally brings you the real Focus and then you in the wallet just after one year.