Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #1461
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes, I have seen copies of invoices in the past. I think eveyone is aware however that the invoice price isn't exactly what a dealer pays for a car based on a number of other factors. On an ordered car that isn't going to sit on the lot for 6 months, there has to be some monitary value to that.

Again, everyone is in business to make money and I understand that. My only gripe at this point is I don't know exactly what I'm going to pay for the car. To be honest, $28k is about the most I want to spend on a Focus (even an ST) otherwise I'm probably going to be looking at other cars. I can't get a firm answer from my dealer on if I can get A-plan or not (they will if it's available to them), which is why I was asking you if you had more information on if Ford will be honoring it.

If I could get the ST loaded for $25k, I wouldn't care if you made $5k on it. I'd be happy, you'd be happy, it's all good. But because I'm approaching the max I want to spend on a car for my daily driver, it would be good to just know.

Since you had said your manager said you could sell a couple on A/Z/D plan, I assumed you had more information regarding plan availability. If not, I don't see how you could sell them on A/Z/D plan. You said you already make very little money selling a Focus ST at invoice, you would lose money selling it on A or Z plan then if Ford doesn't honor the plan. I can't see how your manager would be willing to do that.

SO - I hope this makes sense, and you realize I'm not giving you a hard time. I was just looking for information. Some of your information contradicts itself, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. (In one post, you mention you can sell a couple ST's at A/Z/D plan, in another post later, you seem very surprised that I found a dealer to sell at invoice).