FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocysp View Post
That's amazing. I have the same exact problem....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKorn View Post
My pass side has a small gap ... but the drivers side is tight and touching.if i push on the light at all it squeaks.
Might have to pull it apart to adjust it before the paint chips
Hey Ocysp & MKorn,

If you’ve not done so, give the local Ford dealer a visit, and have them repair the fixture. I can also arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area. In order to do so, please PM me with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthill View Post
...I did send Noemi a message on here as she requested, maybe you should too?
Quote:
I'll report back what I hear from the dealer tomorrow. I've had great service experiences with them so far.
Noemi, when you start to seeing a trending issue on the forums, do you get to report things directly to the product groups? I've always been curious if links to threads on Focus Fanatics ever make it back to the Focus team.
Quote:
My car's at the dealer. I told my service advisor that I'd posted on a site about this and other people noticed the same problem on their cars...I've got faith that the dealer and/or Ford will figure something out, probably along the lines of the solutions that have been posted. First model year quirks :-)
Hi silenthill,

I received your PM, and will be escalating the concern some time tomorrow. In the meantime, continue working with the local Ford dealer. I’m sure they’ll have your Focus repaired in no time.

By providing the requested information, I’m able to escalate the concern via internal resources accessed by Ford engineers. This allows them to see trending issues, and in turn prompt steps to repair the area of concern at the local Ford dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdiv View Post
Went and checked mine, and while it's not as bad as the ones posted it's still a noticeable chip. Another thing to bring up next time I'm in for work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
Went out and checked mine....same thing! The left side is fine and has a small gap, the right side is very tight against the body and rubs the paint...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelociRacer View Post
Like most people here, my passenger tail light housing is too tight against the body. Driver side is looser and maintains a gap....
Afternoon mcdiv, pozi240 & VelociRacer,

It's a pleasure to meet all of you!

Please make an appointment with the local Ford dealer to repair the fixture.You may also contact the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center at 1.800.565.3673, and have a representative document the concern.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply

Last edited by FordService; 05-15-2012 at 09:50 AM.