Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - new TSB 12-5-5 for manual trans focii
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

Points 2,264, Level 28
Points: 2,264, Level: 28 Points: 2,264, Level: 28 Points: 2,264, Level: 28
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 13 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Disagreeing isn't trolling, d-bag.
No, but trying to call somebody out who's trying to teach you something when you're wrong is. Then calling them a d-bag...that sort of "intellect" is absolutely mind numbing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
That's not 100% true, sure if you just release the clutch without modulating at the bite point on a car with very little torque at idle it will stall, but it is possible to get the engagement just right that the car starts to move without ever applying the throttle, I've experienced this in my old car, which had a 5 speed manual beside an i4 1.6L engine that made maybe 105 hp when it was new at 5000+ rpm and basically nothing at idle, feather the clutch just a little bit to get a feel for the bite point and the car doesn't stall even with no throttle applied. Besides with a newer car with a computer controlled throttle the computer could compensate by opening the throttle slightly enough that makes the whole point moot if they chose to.
That wasn't a 5th gen Civic by chance, was it?
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob