Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #249
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Focus1 View Post
So I got my Titanium Hatchback back from the dealer. The sunroof was replaced so the leak issue is fixed, but the dealer said they could not find the clunk noise from the front right of the car and said "no problem found". So I am a bit frustrated. The noise is now intermittent; sometimes it’s more noticeable at times than others...
Morning SD Focus1,

I appreciate your patience as the dealer continues to work on locating the cause of the clunk noise. I’ll be happy to arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area. In order to do so, please shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedFrog05 View Post
Bummer... we have the same issues, my rear seats are coming off of the backing...
Hey HornedFrog05,

Pleasure to meet you!

I’m the friendly Ford Customer Service Rep on the forum. Allow me to escalate the noise and rear seat issue to the Customer Service Representative for your area. Shoot me a PM your VIN, phone number, mileage, and dealer information to begin the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
...FWIW - My Dealership has parts on order for my car so next week after they install them I will let everyone know if it made any difference. If it doesn't, It will be curious what my dealership techs come up with next.
Hi Dysan911,

I’m glad to learn the dealership is making progress with your Focus. Some time ago, I escalated a case on your behalf for another concern. I will be glad to do so again for the noise. Please send a PM with the approximate mileage, and dealer name/location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1899 View Post
Had mine replaced as well. Sorry to say that the noise persists .....Both struts and strut bearings. Good luck.
josh1899,

Let’s have the Customer Service Manager review the noise concern. Please PM your VIN, phone number, mileage, and dealer information to begin the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpr0204 View Post
...Sorry it has been a few days since I posted. Been very busy with work and my daughter. Well, I about ruled out the dealership as well as everyone in Ford customer relations to get this noise fixed....
Morning jpr0204,

Please don’t rule me out; I’ll be happy to help you. Shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I’ll contact the Customer Service Manager for your area about the strut noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabs_Weather View Post
...I have the clunk too, but mine happens even whe not going over speed bumps at slow speed. <15mph.
Brabs_Weather,

I’m sure the local Ford dealer will diagnose the cause of the strut noise. Give them a call, and set up an appointment with the service department. When you do so, please send me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN in order to escalate the concern to the Customer Service Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12FOCUS S View Post
Thank you for your response. Bill Utter Ford will replace my defective rear seat cover...
Hello again 12FOCUS S,

Thank you for your response.

The multiple issues you have stated will be addressed by the Customer Service Manager. However, in order to begin this process, I will need a PM with the previously requested information. I’ll be on the lookout for your message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineboy View Post
Good thread... I wonder if I am having the same problem. Suspension / motor mount...Serious vibration at 55mpg (also at other speeds but 55 is the worst), from the transmission according to the dealer...
Shineboy,

I'm able to escalate the strut noise concern, and arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager for your area. For me to lend a hand, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
...you can also try to PM the username "FordCustomerService" to see if you can get assistance. They've helped many people on this forum. I would give that a try if you're having issues with the dealer. FordcustomerService is a group of people from Ford's customer relations dept (From what I know of).
Hey sirhawkeye,

Thanks for advising your fellow posters to contact me. I’ll be more than happy to help them with their concerns.

Take care!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 05-15-2012 at 01:53 PM.