Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Custom exhaust - sneak peak
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98205
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
TitaniumStick, it cost me right around $200 at my cost. Since I work where I had it done, my mark-up is fairly low. But the overall cost wouldn't be bad. If, say, someone were interested in doing it, we could easily do it for $400 or less.

I will get a video hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for all the compliments. I didn't like the stock exhaust look either, so that's why I took off the rear muffler first.

ResJudicata, the Magnaflow is a straight-through design. I went with a larger diameter, longer length one than usual to make sure drone wasn't too bad and that the exhaust wasn't obnoxiously loud. I didn't want it to sound ricey.

Faygo, the high-temp paint WILL stick to stainless. We covered all my welds with high-temp silver paint so they won't rust, and you can't really tell it's painted.

And by the way, the tip I got is a dual-walled 3", you could change the tip according to your own preference. That's just the look I liked on my Focus.