Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - FSWERKS race header for my D23 PZEV? (Questions/tune)
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 12,268, Level 72
Points: 12,268, Level: 72 Points: 12,268, Level: 72 Points: 12,268, Level: 72
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Heres some options for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djzx3 View Post
I've read the basic bolt on's thread, but it didn't help much with my questions.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192525

I want to put the race header from FSWERKS onto my 2.3l, I know I need a new flex pipe and cat, along with a o2 sensor cheat for CT emissions.
IMO the Fwerk's header is the best.
My questions are, why do I need the o2 sensor cheat and why does the header only have one bung hole on it, When there are three o2 sensors for this PZEV model?
2 to monitor the before & after the convter.
Also, is this header going to fail visual inspections? If so is there a trick to it? Maybe a heat shield? You could take two stock 23 heat shield's & mod them to work= hide the header. Or do I need to wrap it anyways for heat? You could wrap it, but a official knowing what to look for, a header can't hide. The best flowing oem manifold/cat= a 23 ST manifold
If your inspector's know what to look for= yes it will fail then.
And what is involved in the tune? I have the OE Exedy fly/clt kit, with the Weapon R intake, and the exhaust done in 2.5 diameter trubenz piping from the cat under the car, back.
A tune will help out= turn off the rear o2 senser & egr, etc. A tune really helps out = makes your car more drivably, smoother.
Thanks, Hopefully Tom can stop by for the Tune questions, since I would probably buy it from him.

Djzx3
I run a Fwerk's header & tune w/ rear o2 senser & egr delete. The oem 23ST manifold/cat is the best flowing oem manifold. If you inspection= opening the hood, a header can't run & hide.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131