Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus fuel gauge problem
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
kcsunapee
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98499
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver 5-Door SE

FF Reputation: 1 kcsunapee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Me Too!!!

I am having the same issue (plus additional headaches) with my 2012 Focus SE. Started with a check engine light that indicated small leak in the emissions system. Dealer diagnosed as leaking evap caister. Driving home from dealer, discovered that when they pressurized the system it caused some kind of issue that prevented me from adding fuel at anything faster than a trickle. ~2 weeks later my gas gauge started acting crazy. Stayed at full for unreasonable amount of time, etc.. Dealer finally replace the evap canister, was able to add gas, but gas gauge was still wonky. They had my car for a week, replaced the "sending unit" in the fuel tank, and said it was better, but different. They gave me a song & dance about an "anti-slosh" feature that has it reacting a bit differently than what I had been used to. I've had it back for 3-1/2 days & the check engine light just came back on. I am not a happy camper. Neither with my dealer, nor Ford. This is the first time in my life (I am 47) I bought a brand new car, and it's been a huge disappointment. I really love the way this car drives, handles, etc., but the problems are making me think Lemon Law & another auto-maker.