Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #1125
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 312, Level 6
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
12B37 Update May Affect The A/C.

I took my 1/31/2012 build Titanium in for the 12B37 FSA yesterday. I wasn't having any trouble with the DCT, but thought I would get it done since I also had a speaker rattle in the rear doors. On the service receipt it says "Completed Recall 12B37 by reprograming PCM, TCM and ABS. Also did IVD calibration, 7485 12B37C reprogram PCM and TCM."

When I picked up the car, I stopped in the dealer lot to see if the speaker rattle was gone (it wasn't....ordering new door panel clips?) but I noticed the A/C was blowing hot air. I drove back into the shop, they took it in again. After about an hour, the service rep came out and showed me a communication they had received from Detroit in response to their query about my situation. Ford apparently has had reports that this FSA can cause the A/C to stop working. They recommended the tech take the car out on the road and run it at 1500 RPMs for three minutes. He did this and phoned in to the shop to say that at exactly three minutes, the A/C began blowing cold air.

It was kinda weird but fortunately, not a big problem. When you get the update, just make sure your A/C is working before you leave the dealer!

bTW, although I wasn't having any problems with the DCT before the update, it does seem a bit smoother. I've got to drive it a bit more to see if it really made a difference in my car.

Rich