Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released.
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #78
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 9 Joeywhat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusBoy58 View Post
250 is super cheap lol ebay companies make me laugh I have seen the manufacturer price so my question is how is selling it for 250 making profit... but hey still the best intake for the price hands down.
Probably either broken or fell off a truck...which is why I never bother with eBay.

I may spring for this kit, although I'm not sure how much it will help over what I've already done. I was very surprised at the difference I've seen by just installing a K&N filter, removing the resonator, and removing the air dam in front of the intake ports. If I 'launched' the car (auto gearbox, brake held firmly, giving it plenty of throttle holds rpms at 2800) before doing all this I could chirp the tires at best...now I'm getting wheel spin all through first gear. And that's with only some redneck mods and a new filter.

Oh, and I also opened up the spark plug gaps. Still stock plugs, I think I ended up at .055". Butt dyno says all that made a pretty decent difference...wish I could throw it on a real dyno and see.
Hatch Nation #29