Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus: 1 year, 6,000 miles, 6,000 electrical problems later :)
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebrud View Post
Good luck getting this resolved. Ford must be losing tons of money on these early cars. My last trip to dealer = $2,100 in receipts (all warranty work).
It's a shame the car was put out so prematurely. Mine's by and large solid, with the exception of the occasional DCT rumble that is said to be 'normal' but may or may not be. (I still do worry about long-term issues such as premature transmission gear replacement, etc, but that's just an emotion...)

And it is a new generation of car, with the new style engine, DCT, et cetera... the improvements do outweigh the cons in this vehicle and even the DCT, noise aside, is much nicer than the old style 4-speed automatic.

Still, in five years when we upgrade to the next Focus, those issues will be dealt with and likely will be resolved long before we all upgrade to the next version. But it is rather nice that Ford is swallowing the cost on this and not ditching customers. Cars aren't quite the level of cheap computer tablets just yet.