Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #1606
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Even with music for me it's become better. Occasionally with music it'll still give me a crazy list of completely unrelated songs, but usually it gets it spot on for me.
Thanks but that was what I was afraid of. Drat. For the most part it always worked in the old version for me but even on the rare (vey rare) occassions it asked for me to select, I could look at the titles of the songs it asked me to pick from and see how they could be interpreted as close in name and/or sound. These new lists are just nuts!

One thing I think I've noticed (and I say think because I have to test this under more semi-controlled conditions) is that if I have been using the song skip button from the steering wheel regularly for a bit and then try a "Play Song" command it is even worse. Sometimes I'll set a song by voice and when it is over I'll let things run in alphabetical order from there just for the randomness of it. If I'm not in a mood to hear a song I'll skip it with that button and so on and so forth. Eventually I'll get bored and tell it to play another song but it seems even worse after I have been performing the proceeding skips.

I need to find a song that will work from voice the first time and then run a few more controlled trials with skips and without.