Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
The point of changing screens without having to look should explain itself. More time to keep your eyes on the road. Once you've switched to that screen a quick glance to hit the button you need to hit is going to have to happen of course, but that split second that you can keep your eyes forward could make all the difference.
I think estoyloco has a good point, though... Changing screens isn't difficult without looking at it, not that it matters really. Everyone glances at the screen all the time, to look at all kinds of information, navigation, current audio info, so what's the difference if some have to glance to change the quadrant? Although, they're colour coded, massive, and permanently fixed buttons.. so I'm not sure how hard it could be to remember which corner does what.

I do agree that MFT is much easier to use than the Dodge/Chrysler system... even the 6.5" system many of them have. They take some serious getting used to... But at least they're snappy as you swim through all the various screens.