Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Idle issues with pwsc and fc tb
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
Theaadman23
Banned

Fan#: 71490
What I Drive: 2000 Autumn Orange ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Theaadman23 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Idle issues with pwsc and fc tb

Alright so the other day I finally put in the fc tb that I have had for a while on to the pwsc. My bbk tb was causing stalling issues. So I put in the fc tb and I had a issue first with the spring it was sticking out past the bottom of the tb so I figured this was normal and installed it by drilling just a tiny hole in the pwsc and it was outside where the gasket sits so I know it's not causing a vacuum leak. Well when I go to turn the car on the idle is around 1500 to 1900 even after warming up. I look as the idle screw and turn it lower but the metal plate that should hit it doesn't go any further. I don't know if this is normal or not. And way I found out if I turn the ac on the idle goes down to 900 to 1000 but jumps for like 2 or 3 seconds drops back down and jumps back up and down again and keeps this up when ever I am at a stop. So first the three holes in the tb are they all supposed to have their own hole in the gasket or can it be one hole. Pretty sure that I put the tps on the right spot so I have no idea what to check next