Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Picking the right Turbo
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder02 View Post
The key for me is slowing the spooling of the turbo down, I have a 07 st with the GT2860 on my street car, it work nice as a dally driver the power comes in early around 2700rpm, however I have taken it on the track to see how it is, and the power comes to quickly coming out of the corner tending the make the car understeer or Push for the NASCAR fans. My street car doesnít have near the grip as the track car and has a lot more understeer built into it, but the coroner speed in the race car is much higher and Iím in the gas much sooner. So I want the power to come in a bit slower and not hit like a sledge hammer.

Right now Iím leaning to the GTX2863 with a larger .82 a/r. Still need to get my motor back so I have a bit more time.
The GTX series will spool a little faster from what ppl say. and the 2863 is smaller then the 2871, so spool will be faster also. The GTX is overkill for what you need. the Gt2871r with a .82 housing will give you all the power you want with a nice spool up. Also your gonna have to use more throttle control to hold the spinning out of the corners.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me