Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - TSB 12B37 - New?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #104
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,948, Level 33
Points: 2,948, Level: 33 Points: 2,948, Level: 33 Points: 2,948, Level: 33
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdj View Post
I got to drive it a bit this morning, and it felt like a whole new car again. It seemed alot more responsive on hill starts(though I never had any complaints about it before). Shifting on flat ground seemed snappier too, before it seemed to hunt around, but now its shifts faster and smoother. I drive alot in slow traffic but haven't had a chance to drive it yet. I'm hoping that's improved because before I would manually shift because it was so unpredictable. Driving in S was a great surprise, there is a more noticeable difference now between S and D.

good job Ford
Glad to hear it! I haven’t gotten the reprogramming recall applied yet, but I have been driving in manual/sport mode as well because the car has a “unique” shift pattern in drive (post TSB 12-01-04A).

The current shifting is not causing performance issues, per se. But to me the car seems to rev unnecessarily high when only a moderate amount of power is needed to accelerate (i.e. 4th gear at 40mph) and when I let off the gas (to trick it into shifting up) it would shift up 2 gears and I’d have no power to accelerate to 50mph!

And as you mentioned, there is almost no discernable difference between Drive and Sport at the moment, so I’m really looking forward to this update!