Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released.
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
troy-knfilters
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85424
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Taurus SE (FFV) Vulcan

FF Reputation: 1 troy-knfilters Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeZ View Post
One question. I noticed that on the back side of the intake tube there is what looks like a rubber grommet to mount a vacuum line. Is this indeed a rubber grommet or a screw in adaptor like on the typhoon for the 06-09 Fusion 3.0L?

My concern is that every intake I have owned in the past had gromets like this and they dry out and crack alowing air in after the MAF. Why wasn't a screw in type used with this intake?

BTW, those screw in plast adaptors on the Fusion intake break VERY easily... trust me, i know. But the metal fiting for most air tools are identical in size, shape, and thread but don't run the risk of breaking.
Hello JayDeZ! If you ever have an issue with our products PLEASE call in 1-800-858-3333 and speak to customer service, they will ship out the parts to you at NO CHARGE. The focus kit as well as the Fusion kit uses special connections for EVAP and PCV so we cannot use a screw in type connector with these applications.

Troy.