Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Finally dynoing the Focus 5/2/12
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #185
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '13 Mazdaspeed 3; '87 'Stang

Points 26,402, Level 97
Points: 26,402, Level: 97 Points: 26,402, Level: 97 Points: 26,402, Level: 97
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRo View Post
I can guaruntee that they wouldn't put a wideband sensor in the car and not use it. Coyote Mustangs still need tuning, even though the wideband may be adjusting for additional mods. That explanation is my post before this. However, you're absolutely right - there is correction going on with the widebands (or wideband in this case) and it does allow the car to have a little bit of "wiggle room" to mod without NEEDING a tune to hit targeted air/fuel ratio (which comes from the Desired Lambda at WOT table within the tune). Need a tune and should have a tune, is where it gets tricky.

The factory wideband sensors on these are extremely accurate, and we actually believe them as much as some of our lab equiptment. We've tested it back-to-back with Dynojet Wideband Commander, AFM1000, and UEGO's (junk). They're very accurate.

Your last paragraph is exactly right.
I agree... Good tuning is necessary, but at least Ford has given us some wiggle room again. Almost like a higher tech revival of the old A9L EEC IV 5.0 HO processor days. :-)