Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Jay 918 View Post
meh... Volvo wheels look too OEM-ish. gotta get something that stands out more!
'tis the point, I'm keeping it OEM+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan1104 View Post
That looks awesome! Kind of remind my of the wheels from the MK1 RS. Waiting to see those Volvo logos covered up.

Keep it up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvviftSVT View Post
looking good.
Thanks! I'm just waiting to hear from my friend as to when he's back so we can get to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredego View Post
Wheels look very good.

Very oem and fit the car well.

May i ask why you went with the all season version of the continentals? You have snow tires, no need for anything but a 3 season tire.

Car looks great otherwise.
It's because our weather is insane. We have had snow at some point in each month of the year, so it's always a possibilty. In fact, this picture was taken on Saturday; ONE DAY before the pictures showing the new wheels:

There simply will be a day when snow will hit and I'll have no choice but to drive on the summer wheels, so all-seasons are better than nothing. My Grand Prix has the same pairing, winters (which are now used for storing the car) and all-seasons for summer.

Our weather hates us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlckZTS View Post
Probably because they are kick ass tires in ANY situation! outstanding dry and wet grip and some mild snow capability
Gonna need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morando6784 View Post
i love it all. wheels look great IMO. maybe try them all black, it would go good with the black rockers.tint windows, DROP it like an inch. it would be clean as he11
Funny you should mention that....photoshops courtesy of a friend on another forum:

If/when the Fofo gets lowered I may give it a try. For stock height though, especially since they were just painted (in one wheel's case, painted twice...), I'll keep them this colour.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.