What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
It will work with any phone.
Sync is the voice system.
MyFord is the entertainment system
MyFord Touch is the entertainment system with the touch screen.
Hope you have good luck with your MFT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post

Another advertising beef is that I don't recall in any of the SYNC commercials that Ford makes it clear that SYNC goes through your smartphone. After the dealer spent a half hour explaining all the cool things it does, I finally ask "does this all go through my phone?". And they say yeah, you need a smart phone. I was thinking from all the commercials that this was like an OnStar type deal. What if I didn't have a smartphone? I'd have been pissed.

And the last thing, which may be my own issue because I'm not really a technofile, is that all this voice command stuff just seems WAY more complicated than just using my damn phone and ipod separately. I can plug my ipod into the aux port and choose a song on the ipod itself in about 5 seconds. Trying to do it through the USB port and using voice commands, I couldn't even get it to switch tracks in 5 minutes of trying.

I'm sure all the SYNC features are neat, and I WANT to start using them and take advantage of the system, but it just irks me that my phone does all the same stuff and yet I have to use the phone as a middleman for another system to now do it.
estoyloco's descriptions were spot-on! To clarify, a phone is required to use SYNC, but it does not have to be a smart phone. For example, my mom uses a pay as you go phone in her Mountaineer. She's able to make hands free calls, but it will not accept incoming text messages. All the features of SYNC are phone-dependent. For more info, check out our list of tested devices:

http://cot.ag/rXqavf

Which phone do you have and who's the carrier?

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford