nhemti
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96686
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium - TMB

FF Reputation: 1 nhemti Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
That's the thing, I don't think they started from the ground up again like they were telling us. It still exibits alot of the inherant issues of the previous version, the clock still can't keep time is one of the biggest clues.
They didn't start over, but they have to do a ground up repair.

Think of it like this....

Every feature is a file with some code in it. Now when Ford realize how poorly the code was in these files they had to fix it and they decided to do it in-house. Now I can only imagine with poor code came even worse code commenting.So now we have a Ford software engineer looking at crappy code with even worse comments explaining what the sections of code within each of these files does. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! In order to avoid redundancy functions are written once in most programs and then called upon when needed. So some issues may actually be caused by one of these other functions that is called up as needed. So now the Ford software engineer fixes the function. Well that fixed one feature but another feature relied on that broken piece to function, so now it is broken. And the cycle continues and our Ford software engineer is soon found either or , and most likely .

Would a from scratch rebuild be the best path? Probably. The fatest? No.

Mistakes were certainly made, not the least of them designing the UI in Flash Lite. (Bleh.) We will see improvements though, it'll just take time. I hope 2012 owners aren't forgotten about though.

Hey, Ford reps, care to chime in?